2024 Tax Season
Follow this link to book your tax preparation appointment for 2024. If you would like to call and make your appointment, call 336.203.3332 after January 1st and we will gladly assist you.
This season's locations and hours:
220 East Front Street
Monday & Wednesday:11am - 7pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
633 Corregidor Street
Fridays Only: 9am - 1pm
Did you know that there are two tax credits available? You may be eligible for the Child Tax Credit and/or the Earned Income Tax Credit. Click the links below to see if you qualify.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Any tax documents such as forms W-2, 1099, 1098 or 1095A (if applicable).
- Social Security cards or ITIN letters for ALL persons on your tax return. If you don’t have the original Social Security card available, a photocopy of the card is okay, or an official letter with proof of the Social Security number for the individual. The volunteer must see the document. You cannot just tell them the number from memory–no exceptions.
- Picture ID (such as valid driver’s license) for you and, if you are filing jointly with your spouse, a photo ID for your spouse as well.
- For direct deposit of your refund, you must have proof of financial institution information (like a blank check, not handwritten).
- Not required but a good idea is to have a copy of your previous year tax return.
Returns We Cannot Do
- Schedule C with net loss, depreciation or business use of home
- Complex Schedule D, Capital Gains and Losses
- Form SS-5 (request for Social Security Number)
- Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA)
- Form 8814 (child taxed at parent’s tax rate)
- Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)
- Parts 4 & 5 of Form 8962 (Allocation of Policy Amounts, Alternative Calculation for Year of Marriage)
- Form W-7 (application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) )
- Returns with casualty/disaster losses
- Digital assets such as receiving (as a reward, award, or payment for property or services); or (b) selling, exchanging, gifting, or otherwise dispose of a digital asset (or a financial interest in a digital asset)
FREE Online Self-Preparation
Individuals in households earning up to $66,000 can file their returns for themselves online at www.MyFreeTaxes.com, provided by H&R Block in cooperation with Cricket Wireless and United Way Worldwide. Taxpayers filing online have access to tax law experts through online chat or a toll-free phone number. This is a good option for people who have relatively simple returns, confidence in using the Internet, and a desire to be able to file their own taxes independently.
www.MyFreeTaxes.com can be used anywhere in the country 24/7.