Coordinator of Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalence
This position coordinates adult basic education and high school equivalence classes. Program areas include adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities and adult students learning to read and build foundational reading, math, and digital skills. Will also coordinate high school level preparation classes in language arts, math, science, and social studies to prepare for the official high school equivalence test (GED or HiSet) as well as promote career exploration and preparation activities. This position will hire, train, and direct instructors. Will participate in recruiting and community events. Assist with grant writing and promotion of program areas. Serve on committees and other duties as assigned by the college. Some evening hours and occasional weekend work.
Example of Duties
- community college experience or educational setting
- teaching or managing both face to face and or online classes
- evaluating and/or developing curriculum
- adult education experience strongly preferred
- clear communication skills
- serving a diverse population
- counseling students with barriers
- manages grants and budgets
- minimum of one to two years of supervisory experience
- bachelor degree, master degree a plus
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered.
United Way and Community Council are not responsible for the content of this email or for any attachments to it. The content is solely the responsibility of the originator.