Job Summary: Responsible for providing coordination, oversight and administration of various community facing programs of Alamance Arts including classes and events. This is a full time exempt salaried position and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for oversight of planning, managing and coordination of classes, workshops, networking and other AA events and programs. Supervise community Ambassadors including Artist Ambassadors and Educational Community Ambassadors.
• Develops relationships with local and regional artists and arts and/or local organizations to enrich the organization.
• Maintains positive interactions with the community and public relations as it relates to all stakeholders.
• Maintain necessary records and databases via MS Excel and Auction Meistro.
• Makes public presentations about the organization and related activities to a variety of groups.
• Design, implement, coordinates and administrate arts education programs of Alamance Arts.
• Works well in a team environment and is also a self starter.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Connects role with mission of Alamance Arts in all activities
• Have excellent organizational skills and plans in advance with ability to shift quickly.
• Knowledge of Alamance County and local resources, facilities and programs
• Knowledge of capacity building and marketing strategies
• Ability to create, sustain and foster relationships and tactfully manages relationships and interactions with organizations
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to identify innovative strategies to best serve Alamance Arts
• Ability to properly manage financial resources and account for all funds.
• Has a growth mindset and willing to experiment with new ideas.
Desirable Experience and Training:
• Bachelors Degree or alternative experience
• Organizational and planning management experience
• Possess a general knowledge of the arts (visual and performing arts) in order to present artists and their work as professionally as possible.
• Public relations skills Writing and editing text for press releases and publications
• Two years experience in non-profit or business environment
• Experience in developing program ideas to fruition
• Professional dress and demeanor
• Must have visual acuity to be able to read and write.
• Must be able to walk up two flights of stairs.
• Must be able to talk and hear in order to be able to respond to the public, artists, community members and other staff.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds and operate general office equipment.
• Must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license and be insurable by the agency’s insurance policy
• Must maintain an insurable status throughout employment
• Must have access to a dependable vehicle on a regular basis.
Each staff person at Alamance Arts is responsible for the day–to–day cleanliness, appearance, and operation of the Captain White House facility including set-up and tear-down for rentals, training and assisting volunteers and docents, answering the phone, greeting the public, working after-hour events when needed, acting on behalf of other staff members in their absence, attending Alamance Arts events, openings, lectures, fundraisers and performances, as needed by request of the Executive Director.
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions are subject to change as the needs of the organization and requirements of the job change.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references by e-mail to Alamance Arts Executive Director Tammy Cobb at email@example.com. The search will remain open until the position is filled. For guaranteed consideration applications must be received by 5 pm August 11, 2022.
Alamance Arts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Alamance Arts encourages applications from traditionally under-represented minority populations. Submitting an application does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.