Health & Hygiene Drive 2019
United Way of Alamance County is holding its 1st annual Health & Hygiene Drive to collect essential toiletries and other small items to help needy families, disconnected youth, victims of violence, seniors and the homeless meet their basic needs. The drive will be held annually in conjunction with United Way’s Day of Action on June 21, a massive annual volunteer initiative that takes place worldwide to improve lives and conditions in our communities.
The drive continues through the month of June. Drop-off locations will be added as businesses and agencies partner with us to make a difference in the lives of our neighbors. Personal care items can be dropped off at the following locations:
- United Way of Alamance County, 220 E Front Street, Burlington
- Impact Alamance, 133 E Davis Street, Burlington
- Mebane Arts & Community Center, 633 Corregidor Street, Mebane
- Mebane City Hall, 106 E Washington Street, Mebane
- MedCenter Mebane, 3940 Arrowhead Blvd, Mebane
- ARMC, Various Departments
- HUB International Limited, 1137 S Church Street, Burlington
- Thomas Chandler Thomas & Hinshaw, LLP, 1007 S Main Street, Burlington
- Burlington Municipal Building, 425 S Lexington Ave, Burlington
- Parrish & Mills, PA, 1234 S Mebane Street, Burlington
The items will be donated to Alamance County agencies that assist and serve these populations and may be used in backpack programs, blessing bags, care packages or in group homes throughout our community.
Want to help?
Start a Collection Box at your church, organization, civic group or business. Simply collect much needed care items (listed below). Items can be dropped off at United Way office on June 20th.
To arrange for items to be picked-up, call 336-438-2000 by June 19th.
Printable PDF files to attach to your collection box.
• razors & shaving cream
• lip balm
• sun protection
• laundry detergent
• first aid supplies
• diapers & baby wipes
• feminine hygiene products
*Only new, unopened, full or travel size items accepted.