United Way Grant Management
United Way of Alamance County has studied the risk factors, root causes, and priority needs of Alamance County. Proposals will be considered that address at least one of our focus areas (Education, Income, and Health) and align with our intended outcomes.
Funds available to allocate will be based on our annual campaign donations to our Community Fund.
Grant funding takes place from July 1-June 30 each year. Applications are submitted via our online software and applicants are strongly encouraged to attend our grant workshop(s) each winter.
- Grant Workshops take place in January, online registration has closed. Materials covered during the workshop are linked below for reference.
- Letters of Intent are due in February.
- Grant Applications are due in March.
- Presentations take place in April.
- Mid-Year reports are due in February.
- Year-End reports are due in August.
All new agencies must meet with staff prior to beginning an application. Returning applicants are encouraged to talk with staff before re-applying, especially if funding request or staff have changed.
Eligibility criterion are outlined below:
- Local public agencies, 501c3 nonprofit organizations, and government authorities may submit one application by the deadline.
- Previous grantees must be in good standing in order to reapply, i.e. timely and complete reporting.
- Applicants should have documentation confirming a valid solicitation license or exemption as well as audited financials from a CPA firm.
- Programs should be based on data and serve Alamance County residents through evidenced based programming, with at least one year of solid results using an evaluation component.
- Proposals are sought that collaborate or take a collective impact approach with other initiatives.
- Minimum Request: $10,000
*Each year United Way of Alamance County grants out approximately $600,000-$800,000 dollars from the Community Fund through a competitive application process.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please contact April Durr, Director of Community Impact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAMPLE APPLICATION MATERIALS/ATTACHMENTS
Partner Application_Income (Education and Health applications are similar)
UW Grant Financial Report Spreadsheet (2017-2018 revised budget using amount awarded to track mid-year and year-end financials)
UW Grant Financial Report Spreadsheet (2018-2019 revised budget using amount awarded to track mid-year and year-end financials)